Here's are examples of provided services in the mechanical engineering design stages:
- Problem Definition: The design process begins with defining the problem that needs to be solved, including all the requirements and constraints. This might involve improving an existing product or system or creating something entirely new.
- Research and Ideation: conduct research to understand the problem space thoroughly, including market research, existing solutions, customer needs, and technical challenges. Then brainstorm and generate multiple concepts and ideas.
- Conceptual Design: The best concepts are selected and developed into more detailed designs. This phase often involves sketching, creating preliminary drawings, and using CAD software to visualize the ideas.
- Preliminary Design: Once a concept is chosen, it is translated into a more detailed preliminary design. This includes specifying dimensions, materials, and the basic layout of the main components. Simulations and calculations are performed to predict how the design will perform.
- Detailed Design and Development: This stage involves finalizing the design details. Create detailed drawings and specifications for each part and assembly. This includes the exact sizes, shapes, and materials for each component, as well as the tolerances, finishes, and fastening methods.
- Modeling methods: Parametric, Direct and Subdivisional modeling.